Attorney at Law
Areas of Practice:
Admitted to Practice in:
- District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court of Florida (Northern, Middle, Southern)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- University of Florida (B.A., History, 2002)
- Barry University (J.D., 2007)
- Contributing author – TacticalIP
- Epilepsy Association of Central Florida, Board of Directors, 2010 – Present
- Economic Development Commission of Florida’s Space Coast, Ex Oficio Director
- Keiser University, Legal Advisory Board Member, 2010 – Present
- West Melbourne Business Association, Board of Directors, 2011 – Present
- Brevard County Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division, Board of Directors, 2012 – Present
- Spacecoast Barry Alumni Chapter, Secretary, 2011 – 2012
- Vassar B. Carlton Inns of Court, Associate, 2011 – Present
- Leadership Brevard – Class of 2013
- Florida Bar Justice Teaching, Volunteer, 2010 – Present
- Babcock Street Community Redevelopment Agency, Director, 2014 – Present
- • Should Courts Be Free To Order Child Support For Post-Secondary Education Expenses?, ABA Family Law Litigation; Vol. 6, No. 1, Spring 2007.
- • Professionalism: Rekindling Greatness, Florida Bar News; 34, Fla. B.N. 22; The Professional; Fall 2008.
- • Arrest & Probable Cause Determinations, Public Defender Training Manual; 3rd Ed., 2010.
- • How to Evict a Nonpaying Tenant, FLORIDA TODAY [Melbourne] 15 May 2015.
- • Fluctuating Workweek Can Benefit Employee, Employer, FLORIDA TODAY [Melbourne] 3 October 2015.
- • Cited by INDIANA INT’L & COMPARATIVE LAW REVIEW, 25 Ind. Int’l & Comp. L. Rev. 571 (2015).
- • Cited by STREAMING MOVIES ONLINE: THE E! TRUE HOLLYWOOD STORY, 4 UPRBLJ 201 (2014).
- • Cited by BERKELEY TECHNOLOGY LAW JOURNAL, ANNUAL REVIEW, 28 Berkeley Tech. L.J. 777 (2013).
- LEAD Brevard – 4 Under 40 Winner, 2015
- Super Lawyers – Rising Star, 2016 and 2017
- LEAD Brevard – 4 Under 40 Finalist, 2014
- Winner – 2007 Florida Bar Standing Committee on Professionalism Student Essay Contest
A graduate of the University of Florida, Aaron Thalwitzer is licensed to practice law in Florida, the District of Columbia, the Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals and all of the Federal District Courts of Florida. Aaron has litigated over thirty jury trials and hundreds of evidentiary hearings. Aaron represents a diverse range of businesses, public bodies, and individuals in both litigation and transactional matters.
Aaron serves on the Board of Directors for the Epilepsy Association of Central Florida, the Brevard County Bar Association’s Young Lawyer Division, the West Melbourne Business Association, and the Legal Studies Advisory Board of Keiser University, and the City of Melbourne Babcock Street Community Redevelopment District. Aaron is a Justice Teacher at the Jewish Community School in Melbourne, Florida. Several of his scholarly articles have been published, and he was honored by the Florida Supreme Court for his essay, “Professionalism: Rekindling Greatness.”
Aaron practices in the areas of commercial litigation, construction law, real estate law, government law, insurance defense, and contracts.