Widerman Malek,PL is a leader in Florida community association (condominium and home owner’s association) law. We can handle the any of the diverse issues facing your condo or HOA.
More so than other areas of the law, community association law changes frequently — new laws and changes sometimes occur as often as every few months as new bills are passed and courts interpret laws differently.
Services we provide to Community Association clients include the following:
- Counsel community associations in applying and interpreting the impact of various laws (federal, state, local, and administrative) on the operation of Community Associations.
- Interpret, amend and enforcement of governing documents – including Declarations of Condominium, Declarations of Covenants, Conditions and Restrictions, Articles of Incorporation, Bylaws of the Association and rules and regulations.
- Answer everyday questions regarding operational, technical, regulatory, and practical issues.
- Assist Boards of Directors on fiscal matters, including budgeting, levying special assessments, and establishing reserves.
- Address maintenance and repair issues.
- Instruct new Officers on best practices for efficiently and professionally managing meetings.
- Advise on which projects require Board approval and which require unit owner approval.
- Draft and review contracts and requests for proposals.
- Plan and develop contracts for construction projects and advise on compliance with construction lien laws.
- Collect delinquent assessments, including prosecuting foreclosures and liens against non-paying owners.
- Counsel owners committees and the Association during the pre-transition and post-transition phases of the Community’s evolution.
- Review loan documents and structure commercial lines of credit and/or arrange sources of financing for recreation lease purchases, capital improvements, etc.