Alternative Dispute Resolution
Careers at WM
Civil Law General
- Supreme Court to Tackle Issue of Who Pays Trademark Litigation Fees
- How To Obtain A Software Patent
- The US Patent and Trademark Office Remains Open During Government Shutdown
- Overcoming Patent Application Rejections by the USPTO
- Protecting Your Software’s Application Programming Interface (API)
- Design Patents to Protect Your Software
- Is There Legal Protection for Software?
- U.S. Supreme Court Changes Patent Litigation Practice
- TRADEMARK ALERT – Trademark System Will Be Down on April 29, 2017
- The Donald Trump Skittles Controversy
- Light Saber Choreography and Fight Companies Infringe on LucasFim
- How Intellectual Property Laws Help Make Athletes More Effective
- Basic Definitions of Terms in a Licensing Agreement
- The Legal Benefits of a Copyright
- Can you Protect your Ideas with a Patent?
- The Disputed Tattoo
- Barbies and Bratz
- Do I Need Intellectual Property Protection?
- Obtaining a Legal Copyright and what it Does not Protect
- What you can learn through copyright infringement cases
- When a video is taken down off YouTube
- The fight over the Wizard of Oz
- Social Media and copyright laws
- Do you need a trademark, a patent or a copyright?
- A copyright for music that may also pertain to cars
- Shorter Copyright Lengths for Written Works?
- Why Is It Essential To Have A Copyright?
- Intellectual Property Laws and Musicians
- Intellectual Property and Writers
- A War of Words
- What is Intellectual Property?
- The Process of Obtaining a Copyright
- Language and IP rights
- Is Happy Birthday to You copyrighted?
- Music and copyright infringements
- What Are The Differences Between Copyrights, Trademarks And Patents.
- Social Media and Breaking the Law
- True or False: Copyright Law
- Copyright laws and digital locks
- 3 Funny Intellectual Property Lawsuits
- Building the Perfect Employee Agreement
- What in the world is China doing?
- Steps to Ensuring You’re Legally Using Online Photos
- Interesting Famous Intellectual Property Disputes
- Is Someone Using Your Copyrighted Work?
- Do I Need to Copyright My Website?
- 5 Myths about Intellectual Property
- Florida Photographer to Sue for Stolen Photos by Corelogic
- The Major Differences between Patents, Copyrights, and Trademarks
- Buckling down on Copyright Infringement
- Copyright Infringement and the Entertainment Industry
- Monkey’s Selfie Cannot be copyrighted
- Traklight Secures $350,000 for Protection of Intellectual Property
- PepsiCo Vs. D. W. Hunter – Is it a Real Case?
- Can I Maintain Authorship Please?
- Infringing on Others’ Rights
- Hackers Steal Sensitive Information from CHS Database
- Facebook Page Likes/Twitter Page Follows – Whose Property is it?
- Getty – The Name Confined
- A Possible Scary Future for Those That Believe in Intellectual Property Rights
- Conception of Intellectual Property Issues and Patent Battles
- Copyrights can and do Expire
- The Internet and Intellectual Property Theft
- A Properly Done Copyright makes David able to Fight ‘Big Business’ Goliath
- The Invisible Line Between Copyrights and Infringements
- International Patents: How Do You Protect Yourself From Foreign Copiers?
- Food for Thought: Images on the Internet
- An Intellectual Property April Fools Prank
- Blurred Lines
- Is the Good Book copyright protected?
- Timing is Everything!
- The Latest in Video Piracy
- The Flap over Flappy Bird
- Why Dumb Starbucks Made A Dumb Trademark Move
- GoldieBlox Sues Beastie Boys First Over Use of “Girls” Song
- Traps to Avoid When Negotiating Royalties
- Patents, Trademarks, and Copyrights – What’s the Difference?
- Patent: A Tool, Not A Business
- Y, M, C, No More?
- Tattoos – A New Frontier in Copyright Law
- The Digital Millennium Copyright Act – Not Just for Protecting Intellectual Property?
- WIPO – Ensuring Intellectual Property for the Visually Impaired
- The Do’s and Don’ts of Internet Copyright
- Can An Ex-Spouse Interfere with Corporation’s Right to Sue for Infringement
- Copyright Infringement, Counterfeit Trademarks – Endangering Our Children?
- The Age of Digital Music Streaming
- Can You Use a Brand Product In Movie Without Permission?
- 2012’s Most Pirated Movies
- DMCA: Policy Mechanics
- Prevent Someone from Misusing Photos of You
- DMCA: Notice and Takedown
- Show Me the Royalties!
- The Fair Use Doctrine: Does a Parody Qualify?
- Software Licenses
- DMCA Requirements: Control and Benefit
- Introduction to the Fair Use Doctrine
- DMCA Requirements: Knowledge
- User Generated Content: Who’s Safe?
- Textbook Publishers Sue Boundless Learning for Plagiarism
- User Generated Content: Safe Harbor?
- User Generated Content: Infringing?
- What is the Buzz around Vanity URLs?
- The Bullies of Copyrights
- Software: Picking Your Protection
- Joint Authorship Versus Work Made for Hire
General Legal Blog
Intellectual Asset Management
- Official Examination Fees will Increase in Japan
- United States Trademark Office Launches Pilot Program For Trademark Cancellation Proceedings
- New Guidelines for Software Patents
- USPTO Closed on Wednesday, December 5, 2018
- Laura Peter announced as deputy director of the United States Patent and Trademark Office
- Why Profitable Trademark Licensees Should Care About Bankruptcy
- Trademark Piracy – Amazon Brand Registry
- Federal Court Shuts Down Allergan’s Attempt to Shield Patents
- Japan Patent Law, Just Amended
- U.S. Patent Number 10,000,000 Has Issued
- Protecting Software Using Patent And Trade Secret Law
- Former Bank Manager Convicted in Connection With Trademark Fraud
- Negotiating the Distribution of Patented Products: Questions to Ask
- Girl Scouts Launch Intellectual Property Patch
- I Want to Make a Prototype. How do I Protect my Idea?
- Qualcomm Sues Meizu over Patent Infringement
- Even Celebrities Can Get in Trouble with Infringement Cases
- China is Now Protecting and Enforcing Their IP Laws
- The Future is Changing for IP Laws in the UK
- Basics Every Inventor Should Know Regarding IP Laws
- Why Intellectual Property Laws Were Created
- IP Law is One of the Fastest and Richest Growing Field of Law
- IP Law Legal Concerns That Come with Pokemon Go
- A New Draft in IP Law Proposes Some Major Changes
- Nintendo Files New Handheld Game Patent
- New Oncology Medications are on the Rise with New Patents
- Mistakes that Inventors Make When Attempting to Obtain a Patent
- Important Party Information for Licensing Agreements
- Becoming a Patent Attorney
- The Importance of the NDA
- The Reasons Fashion is Hard to Trademark
- Unfair Competition Protection
- Intellectual Property Insurance
- Monetary Damages in Intellectual Property Cases
- Intellectual Property and Conflict of Interest
- Geographical Indications
- How to Buy Intellectual Property?
- Intellectual Property theft is on the FBI radar
- What is the Difference between First to Invent and First Inventor to File?
- Cyber Espionage and Global Intellectual Property Wars
- The Cry for Patent Reform and Death to Patent Trolls: States Unite to Answer
- What Does the American Invents Act (AIA) Actually Accomplish?
- Everything You Need to Know about Patents
- Apple versus Google
- Possible Patent Infringement?
- Patent Trolls and how they Affect You
- The Left Shark Phenomenon
- Shredded Wheat by Any Other Name…
- Patent Is as Patent Does
- Hot Dog! It’s a Handbag
- Hiring an Intellectual Property Attorney
- Trademark Infringement Litigation in Florida
- Disney And Intellectual Property Rights
- Precautionary Provisional Patent Applications
- You’ve got an idea – now what??
- Search Engine Optimization and Trademark Infringement
- What Needs to be Included in a Patent Application?
- Patents – Get the Facts Right Part 2
- Patents – Get the Facts Right Part 1
- 7 Easy Steps to Selling Your Patent
- Facebook Privacy Notice – Fiction or Reality?
- How to keep your product from being counterfeited
- 5 Ways to Prevent Being a Victim of Cyber Crime
- True or False – Questions About Intellectual Property
- How to stop employee theft
- Don’t buy that product!
- Intellectual Property: A Threat from Within
- How to Choose the Right Patent Attorney
- Nvidia vs. Samsung – It’s Not Just a Chip
- Washington D.C Attorney Daniel H. Marti Appointed as U.S Intellectual Property Enforcement Coordinator – Part 2
- Arthrex Inc. and Parcus Medical, LLC Patent Infringement Litigation Settled
- What to Patent, What not to Patent?
- Data Breach at DHS
- Calling All Singers – Get Your Performance License Today!
- Cyber Crime Laws – What’s the Real Deal?
- FBI Warns Healthcare Sector “Further Attacks Possible on Sensitive Data”
- Be Sure To Guard Your Intellectual Property!
- Trademark Infringement – A Real Case
- The Need for Cyber Security
- New IP Czar Named
- “19% Employees Laid Off” – Is Everything Fine with Intellectual Ventures?
- Google Facing Lawsuit Over its Motorola Phones in Germany
- Anti-Plagiarism Tools: the new Weapon Against Copyright Violations and Other Intellectual Property Violations
- Infringement Lawsuit Over a Paper Bag!
- Joining Hands to Reduce Patent Fights
- On the Lookout for Patent Trolls
- … And Here Comes “Alice”!
- The UN to be the Knight in Shining Armor for Rights on the Internet
- A Lesson to be Learned from Intellectual Property Giants
- Have Patents Lost Their Original Purpose?
- SCOTUS on “Alice”: It’s The Application, Stupid!
- Getting a Patent for your Intellectual Properties
- Patent War Truce? Google and Apple
- Thinking Globally
- What Qualifications Must a Patent Lawyer Possess?
- Why You Need a Patent Lawyer
- The “Frozen” Lawsuit
- Shark Tank: Scottevest Controversy Leads to Dropping of Clause
- Will SCOTUS finally stop patent trolls?
- Some Local Patents Recently Awarded
- The Unionization of NCAA Players
- Holograms, Michael Jackson and Cirque De Soleil
- Is Florida going after Microlipid Technologies?
- Is Fee Shifting The Solution To Abusive Patent Litigation Practices?
- When Just the Right Word is Needed
- Patent Protection Doesn’t Mean Freedom to Operate
- Bubbles by Brook Vs Brook Brothers
- PPH: Timing Is Everything
- Why Did Samsung Trademark “Galaxy Card”
- Starbucks vs. Exit 6 Brewery
- Duckhorn Vs. Duck Commander
- Can I Patent My Food Recipe?
- Is it Scramble or Scrabble?
- Efficient, Transparent, Protection: China’s New Trademark Law
- 3D Printing: An Intellectual Property Nightmare
- Trademark Lawsuit “With Friends”
- Honestly – The Honest Company or The Honest Toddler
- Should I Seek A Foreign Patent: Invention Factors
- Should I Seek A Foreign Patent? Legal Factors
- Should I Seek A Foreign Patent? Business Factors
- Case Brief: CLS Bank v. Alice (A Judicial “Sigh”)
- Case Brief: CLS Bank v. Alice (Round 5)
- Case Brief: CLS Bank v. Alice (Round 4)
- Case Brief: CLS Bank v. Alice … Round 3
- Where Good Ideas Come From
- Defamation and the App Store Review Process
- Did KTLA Infringe on Kurt Knutsson’s Cyberguy Identity?
- Case Brief: CLS Bank v. Alice … Round 2
- Case Brief: CLS Bank v. Alice
- Patent Ineligibility: All *And* Nothing?
- Getting A Refund From The Patent Office If You Are Now A Small Entity
- Continued Obligation to Monitor Small Entity Status in the Patent Office
- Changes in Filing Strategy Since First-to-File Arrived
- What Happens If You Claim The Wrong Entity Status In The Patent Office?
- Intellectual Property and Pinterest
- Kate Middleton Trademarks Her Name for Charity
- Can I obtain patent protection for my mobile application?
- The Advantages of Registering Business Name with the State
- Three Reasons Start Up Companies Should Hire Trademark Attorneys
- Employers Demanding Facebook Passwords from Job Seekers
- Is Susan G. Komen for the Cure® a Trademark Bully?
- 5 Ways Employers Can Claim Ownership of Their Former Employees’ IP Content
- Does Facebook Have Control Over Your IP Content?
- How Do I Enforce My Patent? Part 1: Overview
- Different Types of Patent Applications
- How Do You Protect a Trade Secret?
- A Brief Overview On Patents
- A Christmas Story Gone Bad
- Microsoft vs Google
- DMCA: Notice and Counter-Notice
- Patent Trolls Toll – Troll Litigation on the Rise
- Get Off My Turf!
- Inequitable Conduct
- Patent and Trademark Registration Owners BEWARE
- Claim Drafting – Go Narrow or Broad?
- PATENT DAMAGES
- Five Classic Examples of Trademark
- Election Day Patents
- Protect Your Trademark from Infringement on Social Media Sites
- Software Patents? (Part Deux)
- How Does a Franchise Work?
- Life After Allowance – What’s a Patentee to Do?
- Where to Search for Prior Art
- What is Prior Art?
- Software Patents: Yes or No?
- Provisional Patent Applications
- Examiner Interviews – Time Well Spent
- How do you Value Your Intellectual Assets?
Land Use and Zoning
Landlord & Tenant
Last Will & Testament
- Widerman Malek Christmas Party 2017
- Children’s Christmas Party 2017
- Join us in Benefiting the Friends of Sally’s House at Art & Sole!
- Ice Cream Social 2017
- Paper Airplane Fun at Widerman Malek, PL
- Ed Kinberg Receives NCMA’s Fellow of the Year Award
- Brevard Zoo Picnic 2017
- No Bad Days Foundation 4th Annual Kickin’ It For Hope on February 18th
- SCWID Anniversary Celebration at Larsen Motorsports
- NAWIC Block Kids Held on Saturday, January 28th
- Widerman Malek Christmas Party 2016
- Widerman Malek Children’s Holiday Party 2016
- Widerman Malek’s Annual Ugliest Christmas Sweater Contest
- Boss’s Day Breakfast 2016
- SCWID October Meeting
- Nana’s House Fundraising Banquet
- No Bad Days Foundation Visits Liam at Ability Plus Therapy
- Widerman Malek, PL Goes to InterDrone
- Jersey Day at Widerman Malek, PL
- Paul J. Ditmyer Joins Widerman Malek, PL
- Widerman Malek Attorneys Present CLE on Unmanned Vehicle Systems to the Brevard Bar Association
- SCWID Hosted a Panel Discussion on Unmanned Vehicles – Drones
- Widerman Malek Managing Partner Attends Roundtable Discussion with Senator Rubio
- Widerman Malek Attorneys Ed Kinberg and Kelly Swartz to be at SCWID UAS Meeting on August 24th
- Ice Cream Social 2016
- Widerman Malek at the Brevard County Manatees Game in Support of The M.O.R.G.A.N. Project
- The No Bad Days Foundation Sponsors Kid-A-Palooza
- Attorneys Ed Kinberg and Kelly Swartz Speak to the Association of Realtors on Drone Law
- Attorney Eric Hostetler has been appointed President of Melbourne Civic Theatre
- Widerman Malek Supports 6th Annual NANA’s House Bowling Fundraiser
- Widerman Malek, PL Selected as a 2016 Company to Watch by GrowFL
- Widerman Malek, PL Presents CLE Seminar to the Association of Corporate Counsel (ACC)
- Widerman Malek Family Picnic 2016
- Widerman Malek’s Baseball Night at Space Coast Stadium
- Brett Hyde on the Board of Rolling Readers
- Widerman Malek at the Women of Excellence Awards Gala
- Widerman Malek’s Bring Your Kids to Work Day
- Widerman Malek Paper Airplane Contest
- Re-election Reception for Judge Dugan Hosted by Widerman Malek
- Eric Hostetler Appointed to Bridges Foundation Board
- Widerman Malek at Boy Scout Golden Eagle Dinner
- Widerman Malek Supports Junior Achievement of the Space Coast Business Hall of Fame Event
- Widerman Malek Proudly Supports Eckerd Kids
- Widerman Malek Participates in Wacky Tacky Golf Tournament to Support Bridges Foundation
- Widerman Malek, PL Team Take 1st Place in 1st Annual Sandbagger Invitational Golf Tournament
- Ed Kinberg Speaking at i4GovCon Summit
- Edward Kinberg Rated as Super Lawyer for Third Year & Kelly Swartz Selected as Rising Star
- 1st Annual WM Putt-a-thon
- Drone Rules Remain up in the Air for Now — USA Today
- Mason Williams Appointed Secretary of Barry Law School Alumni Chapter Executive Board
- Mark Warzecha Presenting at 2016 Primerus Young Lawyers Section Boot Camp
- Kelly Swartz Appointed to Board of Brevard Schools Foundation
- NAWIC Block Kids Contest Comes to a Close
- Government Contracting Workshop Being Held on February 2nd, Presented by Edward J. Kinberg
- Widerman Malek, PL Selected as Finalist for Children’s Hero of the Year Awards
- Christmas Cheer From Widerman Malek
- Widerman Malek, PL Establishes UAS/Drone Law and Regulation Group
- Mark Malek Awarded 2015 Bernie Simpkins Entrepreneur of the Year Award
- Tacky Hawaiian Shirt Day at Widerman Malek, PL
- Brett A. Hyde Joins Widerman Malek, PL
- Widerman Malek Holds Annual Ice Cream Social
- 3rd Annual Kickin’ It For Hope
- Widerman Malek, PL – Brevard County School Board
- Widerman Malek Family Night with the Minions
- 1st Annual Dancing For The Space Coast
- Widerman Malek Supports Bridges Foundation at Annual Wacky Tacky Golf Tournament
- Widerman Malek Host Dinner Party with International Trademark Attorneys
- Widerman Malek Attorneys Attend INTA 2015 Conference in San Diego
- Widerman Malek Attorneys Host Japanese Patent Attorneys
- Widerman Malek, PL Attorney Mason Williams is Participating in Dancing For The Space Coast
- Kelly G. Swartz Speaker at The Canaveral Pen Women
- Kelly G. Swartz Joins Widerman Malek, PL
- Primerus Young Lawyers Seminar in San Diego
- Widerman Malek, PL Attorneys Support Junior Achievement of the Space Coast
- Widerman Malek, PL Supports Brevard PALS at Wine Tasting Event
- Widerman Malek, PL Attorneys Attend Association of University Technology Managers Conference
- Widerman Malek, PL at Mardi Gras!
- Widerman Malek Attorneys support Nana’s House
- Widerman Malek Attorneys Meet with Japanese Counterparts
- Edward J. Kinberg Joins Widerman Malek, PL
- Widerman Malek Attorneys meet with Brazilian Florida Delegation
- Attorneys from Widerman Malek, PL meet with Governor Rick Scott
- Japanese Patent Attorney Aki Ryuka visits with Widerman Malek Clients
- Rockin’ The Holidays
- Lego Robotics Team wins Champion’s Award
- Happy Thanksgiving
- Widerman Malek, PL Named Volunteer Business of the Year
- Brevard Bar Association
- Widerman Malek, PL Selected As Finalists In Volunteer Recognition Awards
- Widerman Malek, PL Attorneys View Air Force Thunderbird Practice From Melbourne Office
- 2014 Brevard Epilepsy Walk
- Widerman Malek Announces The No Bad Days Foundation’s 2nd Annual Kick Ball Tournament & Family Fun Day
- WM Partner Speaks to Community Foundation Non-Profit Workshop
- Governor Rick Scott Appoints Scott Widerman, Esq. to Cape Canaveral Hospital District, Brevard County
- WM Supports NANA’s House Building Fund
- Scott Dixon Joins WM
- WM Attorneys Support The Scott Center For Autism Treatment
- Widerman Malek, PL Partner Speaks to Small Business Owners
- Widerman Malek, PL Attorneys Support Eckerd Youth Foundation
- St. Joseph’s Golf Scramble
- Widerman Malek Celebrates Ten Years Of Service
- WM Paper Airplane Toss
- Owen’s New FES Cycle
- Sentinels of Freedom, Space Coast Chapter
- Help Hope Live
- Kickin’ It for Owen
- Junior Achievement Laureate Reception
- High School Mock Trial Competition
- Raze or renovate? – Florida Today Article
- Glass Building – Press Release
- J. MASON WILLIAMS IV JOINS WIDERMAN MALEK, PL
- Patent attorney Malek sees system overhaul boost to entrepreneurs
- An Evening of Hope
- Junior Achievement
- Prevent! Brevard Sponsorship
- ‘Evening of Hope’ inspires support for autism
- Brevard’s Corporate Dodgeball Tournament 2011
Law in General
Local Government Law
- Governor Rick Scott Appoints Twelve to Cape Canaveral Hospital District, Brevard County
- Update on the MERS Scare i Orlando
- Long Train Running
- Top Attractions in Melbourne, Florida
- Getting to know Melbourne, Florida
- Brevard Zoo
- Where is the Air Show?
- A Whale of a Good Time!
- Gem Jewelry Bead Show Visits Melbourne Florida
- It’s Pickleball Time! Are You Ready?
- Comedian Lewis Black Performs on Valentine’s Day
- Forget Kung Fu Fighting, Try Aikido
- Orlando’s Halloween Horror Nights are Almost Here!
- Melbourne Civic Theatre – The 2013-2014 Season has Begun
- Prost! Oktoberfest is Almost Here!
- The 80’s Are Here Again!
- Celebrating 20 Years – Melbourne’s Fall Festival
- The McKee Botanical Gardens – Peace and Beauty in the City
- Merritt Island Wildlife Refuge – Natural Beauty in Florida
- Brevard County’s Paint Run
- Comedy Improv at Mama’s!
- Get Ready Orlando, Arena Bowl XXVI is Coming to Town!
- Eco-tours on Horseback at the Ace of Hearts Ranch
- Passionate, Dynamic, and Powerful – Performances at the Mad Cow Theatre
- Surf’s Up in Melbourne
- Meet Corduroy at Barnes & Noble
- I Bet My Crab is Faster than Yours
- Ride the Queen on the Indian River!
- Send the Kids to Surf Art Camp This Summer!
- Kennedy Space Station Launches Space Shuttle Atlantis Exhibit
- Family Day at The Dinosaur Store
- Dinner and a Movie in the Park
- 1776 Performing Its 23rd Season at The Historic Cocoa Village Playhouse
- The King Center – Music, Theater, and Comedy
- Melbourne Airboats – Bring on the Gators!
- Foosaner Art Museum in the Summertime
- Summer Saturday Nights at the Brevard Zoo
- Local Featured Business: The Common Stone Pottery – A Place to Accomplish the Extraordinary
- Do You Like Antiquing?
- 2013 Melbourne Art Festival
- Visit the Sea Turtle Preservation Society
- St. Patrick’s Day Parade Melbourne Florida
- Say Yes to the Rossetter House: The Perfect Wedding Venue
- On Your Mark, Get Set, Blast Off!
- Do You Know the History of Melbourne?
- Who Said Working Out Can’t Be Fun?
Personal Injury Law
Power of Attorney
Rights of Publicity